We're Looking for a
Social Media Manager
to Join Our Agency Team
Full Time - £25k-£30k Depending on Experience
Employed Role Location: Swindon (Town Centre)
Salary and Benefits Details Below
It’s the bedrock of most online businesses, yet it’s the one thing that is often a reactive task for business owners and entrepreneurs rather than a planned and well-executed campaign of activity – we are talking about Social Media.
The need for expert social media marketing support for every entrepreneur wanting to grow their business online is something that many are crying out for. At HodgesNet we provide world-class strategic insight and implementation services for experts wanting to grow a global tribe of customers and serve them with systems that deliver amazing results. Social media is part of this mix.
We are currently seeking to bring on another full-time team member - a ninja level Social Media Marketing Manager. This position would be an office-based role in the HodgesNet office (Swindon, Wiltshire) with some flexibility about remote/home working
If you are the right fit and successfully come on board with the team at HodgesNet, you will be responsible for curating content and contributing to the social media management for our clients and the agencies social presence, together with the need to plan and execute specific timely campaigns and be responsible for blog posting activity, providing analysis of any managed campaigns and scheduling all social media posts. You will be someone who has a high attention to detail, excellent writing skill and a willingness to serve.
The Social Media Marketing Manager
Role and Responsibilities
- Create and own the direction of all social media strategies and campaigns for clients, both UK and US-based with the support of a Social Media Assistant.
- Execute an organic social media strategy for clients to drive awareness, buzz, follower growth, and engagement across all channels (including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and more) including the creation of monthly content plans in written form for clients sign off and scheduling of approved content.
- Plan, design and deliver all social media content reflecting the clients brand, tone of voice and planned strategy in order to hit agreed key performance indicators (KPI's).
- Partner and work with the other team members, including the video editing team to create long and short form video for clients, needed for all content plans.
- When needed, engage in social media posts for clients and ensure any comments, direct messages or questions never go unanswered.
- Analyse and report on the performance of social media campaigns including regular scheduled reporting against agreed KPI’s showing how activity is delivering actionable results. This includes weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting that gives clear and concise summaries of effort and outcome.
- Be reactive to trends making sure our clients and our agency is seen as in the know for their niche.
- You will be responsible for the management of social media profiles, campaigns and strategies of HodgesNet and our Managing Director, Ant Hodges.
- Be the main point of contact for all social media clients, providing regular checkins with them, including responding to all messages from them within 24 hours.
- Project manage the clients and their expectations, working with other team members to make sure tasks are done in time and deadlines are met or exceeded. Some clients will require creative direction for photo and video shoots both in house and on location, so the ability to be creative and plan whilst working with our photographer and video editor to create the best of the best for our clients. This can mean travel for shoots, paid for by the company.
- Attend and co-ordinate social media activity for HodgesNet events (photos, videos and social posts and stories).
- Work with your own Social Media Assistant in the business to complete all tasks.
- As part of the HodgesNet commitment to clients, you’ll maintain to the 5 HodgesNet Values - You will always be mindful of achieving or exceeding, with your service to the client, delivering on time with promises made, work to the highest possible standards, minimising waste and with joy.
- Work alongside the HodgesNet team to deliver industry leading strategies across all aspects of digital marketing.
- Provide senior team members with regular reports based on implementation projects against agreed timescales and deadlines.
- Attend client calls on request to provide first-hand insight and the ability to answer direct questions that clients may have about their Social Media Marketing campaigns implementation.
for All Candidates
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working in either an agency, within a company or as a freelancer, delivering amazing social media marketing campaigns for clients with easily demonstrable results.
- An ability to pick things up quickly, get under the hood of client’s businesses and understand the tone of voice, brand and values of clients messaging for social media.
- High levels of written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of using systems and platforms such as Canva and/or Photoshop would be desirable.
- Creative ability to think outside of the box to bring new and fresh ideas to the table when working with clients to create social media marketing campaigns.
- The ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines with high levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- A team player, working with and assisting others to deliver amazing results for clients – while also at times focusing and working alone on projects when needed.
- An understanding of full landscape of online marketing, social media marketing and the online learning world will be a distinct advantage.
Additional Experience Considered as a Bonus
- Experience managing paid social media advertising
- Photography skills
- Graphic design in Photoshop
- Blog/Article writing
Benefits and Package
A full remuneration package including, but not limited to:
- A competitive salary - Up to £25,000 - £30,000 per year, dependant on experience
- 3-month probationary period and then an annual review each year
- Working hours - 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday (with flexibility on request for events)
- Ongoing personal development and technical training
- Professional and friendly office environment to work from
- AND Never work on your Birthday again!
*STRICTLY NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS*
The application process for the role of Social Media Manager will be executed as follows:
- Step 1 — Submit Your Application
Send your application to [email protected] with the following elements:
- Your Resume/CV – including links to LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook profiles.
- Step 2 — Video Interview
If your application is successful you will be invited to attend a 20-30 minute online Video Interview on Zoom. Details will be sent to you.
- Step 3 — Face to Face Interview
If successfully passing the video interview stage, you will then be invited to attend a Face to Face Interview at the offices of HodgesNet office in Swindon which will include a 20-minute set task to complete. Allow an hour for this interview and task.
- Step 4 — Offer
A final interview may be called up on but on selection, an offer will be made to the successful candidate with the expectation of acceptance or rejection to be sent within 5 working days back to the HodgesNet.
This opportunity will remain open until the right candidate has been found and HodgesNet Ltd reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy and close applications at any time.
A Message from our Founder and Chief Geek - Ant Hodges
Dear Fellow Marketing Geek,
Business owners need YOUR help!
If you are a total marketing geek and social media ninja, we need to chat.
Our clients need someone who has a great eye for repurposing the content they produce, in order to create social media content plans that increase their visibility online, grow a tribe of followers and increase sales.
One post a day on a platform is a good start, but we do for far more!
Our process of working in the social media space for clients is very different from most other social media managers or agencies - and we want you to join the team to make the difference we are called to make.
Send in your application to me at [email protected] and hopefully we can chat soon.
Let's have some fun in this marketing world, make a massive difference to clients and their businesses.
I hope to speak soon!